Monday, July 16, 2012

I love Day Lilys

My fruit and vegetable baskets!

This lady had the most beautiful Day Lilys!

And some Holly Hocks!

Not sure the name of these flowers.

More Day Lilys.

The Haul.
Another Saturday, another Bountiful Basket! Every other week is plenty for the two of us.  I don't care for melon (except watermelon) so Sweetie cuts up the melons and takes it in his lunch.  This is the first time that I  have ever had kale.  I talked to Helga and her advice was to stem, wash it and then put it in the freezer for a bit.  Kale does well after a frost, and to imitate a frost, putting it in the freezer works.  So I did that.  She recommended to saute it in olive oil with a bit of onion and garlic. I will try that and maybe add a bit of bacon, because bacon makes everything better!

1 comment:

  1. I've heard that kale chips are wonderful. Not sure how to make them - I guess you could google it. And everything does taste better with bacon!

    I believe the unknown flower is some sort of phlox.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by1