Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Block-a-thon

Saroyan

Boneyard

After Hours
I finished knitting my Saroyan!  Now to get it blocked, which is on my agenda for today.  I will also try to get my Boneyard blocked, it has been "finished" for a while. The photo is bad, it is more blue than grey. And that brings me back to After Hours, I was able to get more than half of the border knit last night.  Hopefully it will get done in the next day or so.    

I live in a very small town.  We do have a library, but sometimes it feels like I have read everything there.  A couple of years ago I found out about Paperback swap.  It is an online club where the members trade books. You pay for the postage to mail a book to someone and they pay the postage to mail to you.  It works on credits.  I get credits for mailing books and then I can choose from available books or get on the wait list for unavailable books to use my credits.  It has worked out well for me.  I am reading Charlotte Street right now and I obtained the book from the Paperback swap.

Check out what everyone else is up to at Tami's blog, Frontier dreams and also at the Yarn Along.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful...you've been busy knitting! ♥ My sister does the Paperback swaps, I was going to do it, but we actually live across the street from a library and also very close to a Half Price bookstore!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by1