Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wip for this Wednesday!

Holden Shawlette

Christmas Stocking for grandson

I am knitting like crazy on Holden.  He is #12 of 12 Shawls in 2012!   I think I can make it!  The idea is that you start and finish 12 shawls during the year.  It was 11 in 2011 and 10 in 2010.  Although I had joined the group, I didn't count my shawls until this year.  Part of my problem is I have several UFO's that were started before January 1st and couldn't count them for the year that I completed them.  Whew.  I do have another shawl on the needles, but that is now 2 years in the works.  So after Holden is finished I will go back and complete it.  It is a Pi shawl.  I was having trouble with the last section and wanted to restart from the last increase. So I have about 2 rounds to tink.  So isn't that a wonderful reason to set it aside for 2 years? 

I got the Christmas stocking done!  Now to get it into the mail.   We had a huge snowstorm yesterday and it will take me a bit to dig out  so that I can make a PO run.

This is my WIP Wednesday post.  Also my Yarn Along and KCCO at Frontier Dreams.

8 comments:

  1. love the color way on the shawl yarn. :) hope you get #12 all finished. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an accomplishment! 12 shawls in a year is pretty amazing! I'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 12 in 12, that's awesome. I'd have absolutely counted those other WIPs. After sometimes it's an accomplishment just to get restarted on something that's been languishing for any length of time! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holden is gorgeous. I can't believe you have knitted twelve shawls this year, you are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the shawl colorway! Good luck finishing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. His stocking is gorgeous! Oops - it's very handsome for a handsome young man.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. You are a knitting rock star! 12 shawls in 12 months! That's amazing! I'm sure you're going to get through it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you going to knit 13 in 2013? ;-) You are one busy lady. Regula

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by1