Monday, January 28, 2013

Treasures




Saturday we went down to visit my Dad.  I gave him a quilt for his birthday.  He had some bags of stuff he was getting rid of.  I had put them in the car.  Mostly textiles, sheets, old pillow covers,etc.  When we got home I set one of the bags down on the table and it clunked.  I found this leaf bowl in the bottom of the bag. I had made it when I was a child, probably about 2nd or 3rd grade.  I can remember making this.  We had a flattened piece of clay and took a large leaf and pressed it into the clay.  Then trimmed around the leaf.  Then we wadded up dampened paper towels to curve the the shape until it dried.  I don't remember doing the glazing and the firing.  I remember that my brother had also made one, his was green.  What a treasure to find in the bag!  



2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by1