Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Another WIP Wednesday!

Circle start on #3's
Switched over to #4's
Made it to the circs!
Sagebrush
Closeup of Sagebrush

My good friend Anne Munoz's daughter is trying to raise funds for a volunteer nursing trip to the Soloman Islands in May.  I have personally  known this young woman since she was 7 years old and I can honestly say she is a dedicated nurse trying to make a difference in the world. Anne has donated one of her art quilts to be given away to one of those donating funds for this humanitarian project.  Please consider making a donation.  Thanks.

I have the main section on my Sagebrush Shrug knit.  It needs to be blocked before knitting the ribbing.  Fun, fast to memorize pattern!

I cast on my Shipwreck shawl this am.  I have been wanting to knit this since the pattern first showed up on Knitty 4 years ago. I had such good luck with the circle cast on, the first try worked!  I used one size smaller dpns since I only have metal #4's.  The wooden needles help hold the stitches.  When I have tried to cast on a circle in another project using metal needles I had the stitches falling off all over the place.  My #4 dpns are vintage ones from my mother's collection.  I just love the old packaging!

I am still reading "The Casual Vacancy".  It is written for the adult audience, adult language and situations.  So far I am liking the storyline.

This is my WIP Wednesday, KCCO, and Yarn along post for the week.

2 comments:

  1. Your shrug and shawl are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo of the beginning of your shawl. Beginnings are exciting to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by1