Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Rainy Days and Mondays

Peach blossom
One thing that I miss about living in California is that you have something blooming all year.  Around here it seems to take forever to get some Spring flowers.  I noticed that our little peach tree is blooming.  I love peach and apple blossoms!  So pretty!  They only last a few days, but really brighten up my spirits during those days.

Mystery Shawl

 I found that the mistake in my Mystery shawl was only a minor hiccup.  Of course, it took way longer than it should have to figure that out!  At least I didn't tink back two rows to get to it, I was able to fix it at the working row. And I am still keeping up.  I am about a third of the way through the week #3 clue and the #4 will be released on Saturday.

I have been reading Kindred Spirits by Sarah Strohmeyer.  Only a few chapters in, but it is good so far.  It is about friendship between 4 women.

On my quilting blog I am hosting a giveaway in conjunction with Sew Mama Sew's giveaway party!

This is my WIP Wednesday, KCCO and Yarn Along  post for the week.



7 comments:

  1. What a relief for you! It is looking just beautiful!

    My nectarine tree blooms were spectacular and I never got a photo. :( Fruit tree blooms really are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blossom does have a wonderful way of lifting the spirits.......your shawl is so beautiful.
    kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cheery color! I'm glad that it wasn't such a huge problem. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mystery shawl is looking good! The yarn is a delightful color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a pear tree in bloom right now...it's stunning..glad you didn't have to rip back...with my errors, I seem to have to start over!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your shawl is looking great, the book sounds interesting too hope it is a good read.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by1