Wednesday, June 5, 2013

And the Race is on!

Close up of the beads

Secret Fan

Counter rearranged for the Big Boy!

I got my Tour De Sock started.  Some racers finished within 10 hours of the pattern being released.  I guess that they didn't have anything better to do!  I have the first leg section done.  I am trying to knit both socks at the same time, so will now knit the second sock's leg and then go on to the heels.  For the race, you had to put at least one fan of beads somewhere in the sock.  Since I am going rather slowly on this project, I am able to see the finished socks with just one beaded shell.  Hmmm.  Not liking it very much.  So I decided to evenly space 2 fans on the front of both socks.  I would rather leave them off altogether, but that is a disqualification and I don't want to go out on the first leg of the race.

I am still reading the same book.  Almost finished, hope to be into the next book next week.

Last week I had blogged about my new Kitchen Aid mixer.  I got my counters all rearranged and got that big boy set up!  I made a banana bread and then I also made some Steakhouse bread.  Way cool!  I used two smaller bread pans since my larger one had the banana bread baking in it.  It was good.

This is my WIP Wed, KCCO and my Yarn Along post for the week.

4 comments:

  1. love kitchen aid mixers :) fun race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - beaded socks is a bit strange, but hey one day you'll need an extra bit of secret dazzle and you'll be pleased you have them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you had a Kitchen Aid before? If not you are going to love it! I've had mine for 20+ years and wouldn't be without one ever again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by1