Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Blocking blues


I finished the knitting on my Mystery Shawl!  Still need to get the blocking done. I don't know why I can't just block right after the bind off, it is one of those things that are easy to put off until tomorrow, repeat several times to get it right!



 So instead of restarting the Vine Lace Cardigan for my daughter, I had to go an d cast on yet another Mystery Shawl!  I just love the Mysteries by Goddess Knits!  Both of these shawl patterns were designed by her.  Very well written charts and clear instructions.

This is my WIP Weds, Yarn Along and KCCO for this week. Have Happy 4th of July!

5 comments:

  1. I usually have to wait for the cat to be preoccupied so I can block things without her using it as a napping place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's like the binding or label on a quilt - the project is done, the excitement is over so why not put off that one last step when you can have the excitement of starting something new!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the yellow shawl. Always have trouble with the final finishing too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find I am weird in that I love to seam knit pieces and I don't mind blocking. Not to say I want to block all day, but I get right to the blocking. Sometimes at midnight because I just finished and want it blocked and dry by morning. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been itching to start a mystery shawl as well but I'm trying to stay loyal to the four things I've got started already. Fat chance, we all know my resolve will fail...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by1