Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Happy Pie and Beer Day!

A new beginning!


Pie and Beer Day is a pun on Pioneer Day.  Pioneer Day is the official state Holiday for Utah.  They celebrate the day the Mormon pioneers first arrived in the Salt Lake Valley in 1847.  

My daughter gave me a pass on the Vine Lace Cardigan and selected a new pattern for her sweater.  We found La Belle and it will be a much easier knit. I have the garter stitch hem finished and am chugging along on the simple stockinette.  It is a bit tricky to watch for where the design is to start and also keep track of making buttonholes.  But I like that it is knit in one piece up to the armholes.

I am going to start the second in a mystery series based in Memphis featuring a BBQ restaurant.  They include recipes, yum!  I made my first batch of bread using the book I talked about last week.  It was delicious!  Worked out just the way the book described.  I am looking forward to the next batch and also to trying out some of the other recipes.

This is my WIP Wednesday, KCCO and Yarn Along post for this week.

Also check out the brand new today knitting class on Craftsy!  It is taught by Romi Hill and it is about lace knitting!  One of my favorite knitting passions right now!  Craftsy also has some great deals in their yarn store!

2 comments:

  1. I think I prefer La Belle actually lol. Love your yarn choice

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower via gfc from WIP. Would love to have you stop by and check out my page. http://unravelingends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by1