Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Knitting with Karen and Joy



Karen's Log Cabin square

In progress square
I went over to my friend Karen's house for coffee and knitting.  She has been working on her Log Cabin blanket for a while.  The blocks are lovely!  She is using her hand spun yarn.

Joy's handspun yarn and roving

Lovely fiber!

I love this yarn!
We found another knitter in Manti to join us for coffee and knitting!  Joy is also a spinner. She brought a sample skein and it is absolutely gorgeous!

Shawl pin
Joy showed a sweater (I didn't take a full view photograph) and Karen brought out some of her shawl pins. They are lovely!  The sweater as well.

Shawl Pins
I just love the look of hand carved wood!  Bonus, Karen gave me a shawl pin of my choice! I can't wait to use it the next time I wear one of my shawls!

Karen's Tidbits
Karen has a big bowl full of "tidbits" that she will be putting up in her shop soon.  All of these are her hand spun yarns.



I am still working on my summer mystery shawl. I did get to clue #3 this morning.  Funny, a charted lace is a mindless knit for me!  I put the sweater on hold because I have to concentrate too much on the armhole shaping.  My new read that I will start tonight is a Jennifer Weiner book.  I love most of her books.  There was a recent one that was a real dud.

This is my WIP Wednesday, KCCO and Yarn Along post for the week.



10 comments:

  1. Those shawl pins are so beautiful! There really is nothing like hand spun yarn. My favorite by far to knit with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful handspun yarns and those pins are amazing. Sorry about your book, it's so disappointing when an author you enjoy lets you down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lucky you are to be able to hang out with fellow knitters and spinners....gorgeous projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the yarn and the shawl pins. I learned to spin just one month ago and I am envious of Karen's tidbits of yarn. some day my spinning might look that nice.
    as far as the book I finished reading A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki. I love this book my little sister got a copy and then loaned it to a friend . i gave my copy to my daughter to read. and currently my older sister has picked up a copy and can't put it down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the hand spun love the shawl pins, love the knitting- I guess I am loving everything in this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to know what you think of the book, I have read 3-4 of her books and enjoyed them all.

    I love the log cabin style blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful yarns and pins. I too love the log cabin design. I have yet to try it but I want to! I've never heard of that author but I'm always looking for good books! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by1