Wednesday, August 7, 2013

What a Wednesday!

Still knitting along on the sweater

I really love the accent lace!
I am still knitting on the LaBelle sweater.  Most of it is stockinette stitch, so good for knitting while watching TV.  I need 15 inches to start the armhole decreases,  I am almost to 13", so it won't be long now!  In the 1980's I was a knitting fiend!  I knit sweaters for all my kids and all my nieces and nephews.  I had also knit a couple of sweaters for Sweetie and for myself.  Since then I have gotten into quilting, big time.  About 2002 a friend showed me how to knit socks.  So I knit socks like crazy!  And then about 2007 I got into lace knitting and shawls.  I was still knitting socks, but have only finished one pair in the last year.  This is only the second sweater that I have made since I don't know how long.  The other being a February baby sweater for my nieces little girl who is turning 4 next week.  I have also been into knitting hats since we moved back to the cold winters in Utah.  I am still quilting like crazy, but mostly art quilts now.  I forgot how much knitting it takes to get a sweater done.  I have yarn to knit a February Lady sweater for myself, so I think that might be my next sweater, the baby sweater was a fun knit.

Two lovely loaves of bread

I just love the look of a fresh crusty loaf!



A couple of weeks ago I had posted about the bread book, Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day.  I have tried it out and it works just like they said it would! And the bread is delicious!  I like that it doesn't use sugar in the basic recipe.  I have another batch in the refrigerator ready to bake when we are finished with these two loaves.

This is my WIP Wednesday, KCCO and Yarn Along post for the week!

5 comments:

  1. I used to knit only sweaters as well, and like you I then dabbled in socks and shawls-it just never ends! Your sweater to be is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely pattern, I love the colour of yarn you are using too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty sweater. Lovely colour.
    Enjoy the fresh bread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the LaBelle sweater and I need to find that book! Your breads look delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by1