Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Coffee at Karen's

Karen's cup
My choice
I went for coffee and knitting at my friend, Karen's house yesterday.  I bring some of my home roasted coffee beans and she brews it up for us.  She has a wonderful collection of hand made pottery and we get to choose which cup we want to use. Karen had the Aspen leaf and I chose the forest.  I didn't see what Joy had.


Karen's fiber

Spun into yarn

Joy's fiber

Spun into yarn
They are both wonderful spinners.  I love looking at the yarn that they make.  I am resisting getting sucked into the spinning world.  I have enough other interests and hobbies that keep me occupied.  Really, going to resist.



Karen's yarn
Karen was knitting on a shawl or sweater.  I don't remember now, but she was using this wonderful yarn.


Joy's Shawl
Last time Joy was working on this lovely shawl.  It was her first triangle shaped shawl and she was concerned where the point was.  She found it!  It is a very soft and cozy shawl.




I am still working on my mystery shawl.  I did get to clue #4 last night!   I started a new book. Just a quick easy chit lit read.

This is my WIP Wednesday, KCCO and Yarn Along post for the week.





Craftsy has some wonderful photography classes!  Check them out here



4 comments:

  1. What a cozy sounding day! Lovely yarn too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely day. those yarns look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty hand spun and your shawl looks so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the great photos of mugs, yarn and projects. I'm trying to resist the spinning too but it is something I've always wanted to learn.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by1