Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Does it count?


I have 3 shawls in the blocking pile.  They are nagging at me.  I don't know why I always put off blocking.  I would really like to get these done.  But I seem to run out of time at the end of the day.  Two of them (the yellow and the green) are meant to go into my Etsy shop and the pink/grey one is for me.  I thought it would be a nice, warm shawl for when we travel in the trailer. I have a quilt guild meeting to go to this afternoon, so maybe I can get one wet and pinned before I leave.  Well, after baking brownies for the potluck, showering, getting some listings posted, this blog post . . .      . . . see what I mean?

I am reading The Rent Collector.  I am enjoying it so far, this was recommended to me by my Curves buddy.

Last week I had blogged about some fingerless mitts.  Well, sure enough I ran out of the lovely bright blue yarn with about 4 rounds left on the last thumb.   Hmm.  Ok, start over and now my friend will be receiving dark blue mitts instead.  I also finished two cowls.  Those were so much fun to knit! 

Yesterday was knitting and coffee at Karen's house.  She had finished her fingerless mitts and they are lovely!  I was able to try them on and I like the way they fit.  Nice and long at the wrist and the cuff at the fingers rolls down so that you can get more warmth to your fingers when needed.  Her pattern, Karen's Cozy Cuffed Mitts is available for free on Ravelry.  I just printed it out, I am going to try it this week.

She also had shown off her latest hand spun yarn! I absolutely love this skein!  Her yarns are available at Karen's Etsy shop.


This is my WIP Wednesday, KCCO and Yarn Along post for this week.

3 comments:

  1. I love your knitted items! They are always so well made and beautiful! Great work! Hope you had fun at Wales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sherbety colors in the second picture! Yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your knits. Thanks for the link to Karen fingerless mitts. I had never seen them before.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by1